Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals COULD Go Into First Place Tonight
IF Browns beat the Ravens in the early game, Ravens go to 8-5.  If Bengals beat 49ers in the early evening game, Bengals go to 8-5 also.  The Bengals win over Baltimore would give the Bengals the First Place tie breaker with 4 games left to play.  When was the last time we saw our Bengals in First Place in the middle of December.  It's been a while.  

So it would be easy for me to get all wrapped up in the Bengals vs 49ers history. The 2 Super Bowl losses.  49ers have owned the Bengals. The last meeting the 49ers clobbered the 2019 Bengals in one of Zac Taylors first games of the complete rebuild, Burrow still at LSU. I could go into great, painful memory of the Super Bowl losses, but what's the point, none of those players or coaches are playing today.

I know Ravens, they love to go into the 1985 Bears Defense and put everybody on the line to stuff the run and sack the QB. This is why Mixon struggled against Ravens.  This is also why Uzomah and Chase had big plays down the field.  To beat the Ravens you have to Pass and use the TE.  Ravens leave themselves open by putting too many on the line.  So Browns will not beat them with Chubb, it will have to be Mayfield hitting Browns TE and WR's down the field burning Ravens in their run defense to stop Chubb. All of Ohio will get this as the CBS early game.

If Browns win and Ravens lose, then it is up to Bengals.  49ers are trying for a Wild Card spot, this is a tough match-up.  When I think of 49ers, I think of Kittle at TE, I think of usually a tough 49ers defense, and I think of a 49ers team that loves to BLOCK you off the field into the cheap seats. I'm not sure how they are on their RB injuries.  It is huge that Bengals have their starting O Line back. Much talk will be on Burrows finger, but he says he will be OK.  At least the game is not in San Francisco.

The Bengals fell way behind to Chargers, but never quit and fought back, that showed character. DO NOT fall way behind to 49ers back to back weeks.  Bengals made a years worth of mistakes in the first half last week. Can't do that today.

Bengals players need to give extra effort to win today.  Bengals and 49ers are playing for the play-offs, this is a play-off type game late in the season.  No matter what Ravens do, Bengals need to win today to keep pace.  However if Ravens lose and Bengals win, Bengals do move into First Place.  

Just pointing out that it is possible for Bengals to be in First Place tonight, as I type this at 7:30 in morning.  I say tonight because the Bengals will start playing the 49ers in the daylight around 4 or 4:30, but it gets dark at 5 PM now, and much of this will be under the lights at night in a game most on the USA should get on CBS, as 60 minutes and Sunday Night Programming will be delayed. The Bengals & 49ers will probably start late due to early games going long, and go late into the night. This will add to a Play-Off Game atmosphere as CBS Prime Time is delayed while 49ers and Bengals battle for play-offs. Most of USA could see Bengals not only win, but go into First Place in AFC North in dark of Cincinnati night on CBS.  Look for CBS to throw in much of 49ers / Bengals Super Bowl Memories during game to add to the Play-Off Night Game Atmosphere of all this.

Go Bengals

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals COULD Go Into First Place Tonight - kevin - 12-12-2021, 09:32 AM