Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time we traded in Williams for a better Williams
(12-13-2021, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What’s with the obsession with moving Jonah to RT? The team made it very clear they have no plans to do so during all the Chase vs Sewell stuff. I believe both Taylor and Callahan said as much.

No matter how elite a prospect is there’s going to be some growing pains. I’d rather have Jonah at LT going into his 3rd season of playing than a rookie. Jonah was viewed as an elite OL prospect himself coming out of Alabama (1st OL taken in that draft).

He gives up too many 1 on 1 sacks and pressures to be trusted on the blind side, in my opinion. He caused the sack and strip against the Chargers because he couldn't hold up against a non-elite pass rusher in Nwosu. If he allowed that same type of play from RT, Joe at least can see it and can step up. When it's done on the blind side, he doesn't have that opportunity.

I understand that the coaches don't want to move him to RT. I'm just saying I want an elite LT, not a "fine" LT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time we traded in Williams for a better Williams - CJD - 12-13-2021, 11:48 AM