Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team just isn't "there" yet.
(12-13-2021, 11:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know this is a meme at this point, but I think next year is where we put it all together. This isn't like "maybe we'll do something next year" comments like we became so used to with Andy Dalton as our QB. We are actually an ascending team with Burrow leading us. We are set to have a lot of cap space next off season, even more after we cut Waynes, and our defense is only a few depth pieces away from being reliable enough to make this team top tier.

What we need to do is genuinely upgrade RG (not just take a project in the 2nd round, but actually sign a free agent that has shown they can play guard at a high level), retain Spain and upgrade center (Hopkins has improved but he's still below average). I'd also be open to upgrading LT and moving Williams to RT. We also need one new starter at CB (Apple has been good down the stretch and I'd like to retain him, but as a priority back up rather than a starter), but other than that I think we could make a run next year if we just protect Burrow. He takes way too many "instant" sacks with this Oline.

Yes, with this kind of space, you can keep a few guys like Apple and Hopkins as quality DEPTH, and upgrade them to start.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
This team just isn't "there" yet. - Tomkat - 12-13-2021, 10:57 AM
RE: This team just isn't "there" yet. - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-13-2021, 06:04 PM