Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well I Guess We Aren't The Only Ones Saying This
(12-14-2021, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One thing is a constant certainty, if he had Burrow throwing the ball (which I don't disagree with) and he threw an interception or the WR didn't make the catch, the same people complaining about Mixon being given the ball would be complaining because we didn't give Mixon the ball. I can hear it now.... "We have one of the best backs in the league and we don't use him" Hilarious

You're right and Synric is right. Cincinnati ran outside zone to the left and Hopkins + Spain were beat on their combo block, keeping Hopkins from climbing to the mike. San Fran came out in a cover two look, but even though there was seven in the box, Cincinnati had a WR tight to the formation so the corner wasn't out wide. Even still, the play fell apart when Spain and Hopkins didn't block their guy - that tackle and the middle linebacker made the play. 

I personally would have thrown the ball there but I am also not a huge proponent of the run game. I don't think the call was bad, the execution just wasn't there because Cincinnati stinks at run blocking. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well I Guess We Aren't The Only Ones Saying This - KillerGoose - 12-14-2021, 03:05 PM