Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Offensive Line Rating and Joey Franchise
(12-15-2021, 02:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been rolling with the "It's improved" crowd all year long, but really where is the improvement? We're on pace for more sacks in fewer attempts. Pressures have been off the chain multiple times through the year.

People have said we're better in the run game, but we're 25th in YPC.

ESPN grades us 31st in pass block win rate and 14th in run block win rate. Yay, I guess?

PFF grades are mixed at best. Tbh, I think people are looking at our overall winning record, all the changes we made in the off-season and the fact that Burrow has stayed healthy, and it's leading to some overly rosy outlooks on our improvement, which I think has been marginal.

Tbh I think our Tackles are very average, and Hopkins and RG have been massive issues. Spain is our only "plus" lineman.

Better as in, enough time to score. I think you might be forgetting how miserable this offense was because of Bobby Hart, MJ/Redmond/XSF/Billy Price/Hell I think JB played guard last year. I remember a lot of low scoring even with Joe playing. It grades out in the 20s, last year and the year before they were in the 30s. So yeah, improvement I'd say, enough? No.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line Rating and Joey Franchise - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-15-2021, 08:56 PM