Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Offensive Line Rating and Joey Franchise
(12-15-2021, 08:56 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Better as in, enough time to score. I think you might be forgetting how miserable this offense was because of Bobby Hart, MJ/Redmond/XSF/Billy Price/Hell I think JB played guard last year. I remember a lot of low scoring even with Joe playing. It grades out in the 20s, last year and the year before they were in the 30s. So yeah, improvement I'd say, enough? No.

Jamar Chase, a healthy Joe Mixon and a 2nd year progression for Burrow would probably be the biggest reasons for us scoring more, IMO.

Idk man, I've always judged the line by the same metrics for the entire decade I've been around these boards. Sacks, pressures, run game (YPC) and a few other metrics like PFF and block win rates.

If we're horrible in most of those categories, it's tough for me to say the line has improved just because the offense as as whole is better. Especially when we improved our personnel in non-line areas.

If I said we went from pathetic to just "bad", would that be acceptable? LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line Rating and Joey Franchise - Shake n Blake - 12-15-2021, 10:41 PM