Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Offensive Line Rating and Joey Franchise
(12-16-2021, 09:04 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Again guys, go back and look at the grades the last two seasons. If I remember correctly, we graded as the 32nd ranked unit one year, and 30th another. Now the unit has been as high as 15th, but typically settles in somewhere in the 20s. That's at least a ten point swing. That's improvement.

The deep ball didn't even have time to develop last year, and I don't think Mixon would've sniffed 1000 yards behind what we trotted out there. Fred makes a good point that people are ignoring on that one. Yes, Ja'Marr, but what have defenses been doing lately? Is Joe not finding Tee Higgins deep? Yes, he is, and he's getting a bit more time. He's holding the ball some which leads to a few sacks, and early on, the RBs and TEs were struggling with their assignments causing a few on their own. The last couple of weeks the line has struggled more than most of the season for sure.

I agree with all of this.

As for the bold; that's been because of a couple different factors. Injuries to starters like Reiff and Hopkins, but also against the Chargers a lot of it was due to the Bengals getting down by such a big deficit that the pass rush could literally just tee off against them. The OL is definitely improved from last year, but they’re still not built to be able to play like that. Cleveland murdered us the same way.

And then against SF we just had no answer for Nick Bosa and Arik Armstead. There’s no way to sugarcoat that one, our guys were just flat out getting beat all day. But tbf, Nick Bosa does that to most teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line Rating and Joey Franchise - Nicomo Cosca - 12-16-2021, 09:15 AM