Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor Changed the Culture of Cincinnati Football
(12-18-2021, 09:39 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Marvin's first few years as Bengals HC record posted below. I wanted him gone too but he's way better than people remember and likely better back then than Zac is right now. 

8-8
8-8
11-5
8-8

If we won a playoff game with this team this year, it would be categorized as lucky.

Yes, but that wasn't the topic at hand. The OP mentioned the team was on life support (a bit of an exaggeration, but not far off). The guy I quoted said it wasn't. I was backing up the OPs claim in my first post. Then I quoted Leonard to make a point about how long it took Marvin to be *consistently* good.

I remember ALL of it. The rise from the ashes, the 4-12 circus with  TO and Chad. The good five year run, and the falling apart of that team. Point being, the team was circling the drain during his last few years. Anyone that says otherwise is using a bit of revisionist history IMO to make the current staff look even worse.

Also, we're no longer taking flyers on guys with checkered pasts. Have we had any off field issues since 2019?

Also, why would it be categorized as lucky? So if this team wins a playoff game it's lucky because folks don't like the HC, but are simultaneously defending a guy that couldn't get it done in SIXTEEN YEARS. Nuts I tell ya.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor Changed the Culture of Cincinnati Football - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-18-2021, 10:00 AM