Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor Changed the Culture of Cincinnati Football
(12-18-2021, 08:30 PM)higgy100 Wrote: He may have actually just rechanged the culture of this organization for the worst by running the ball twice in a row in overtime when he completely had San Fran. on their heels.

They were down cornerbacks, playing a cover 2 to pinch more coverage on the corners and the Bengals offense was hot. There's no question in my mind if they throw the ball they win that game in overtime instead of allowing San Fran. to do what they do best which is rush the passer against the a very avert offensive line. 

Now as far as the ramifications are concerned, they went from leading the division to a team that is now out of the playoffs if it were today. Now think about the dichotomy and the variance there. Every game the Bengals play including last week through the rest of the season is probably the most important game in the last 20 years of this franchise. Everything was written right in front of them and they can't take advantage of it because of a head coach that in my opinion doesn't have this team ready.

And to make things worse he had to come out in his press conference and bang his head wishing he could do those plays over again. At least stand by your convictions and don't give in and say we had those two run plays call nicely but we just missed a block. I'm watching this game on TV like everyone else and they had that entire San Fran secondary on their heels.

I completely agree. I think the people saying the culture change see the moderate success and more importantly the good play/attitude of our young players and free agents. Which is good to see but week in and week out we come out looking lack luster. Also when your head coach calls the plays on offense he has to own that and the offense just hasn't lived up to what the defense has done. Also yes I think we win if we continue to put the ball in his hands. Just saw some highlights from sunday and it makes me sick that the playoffs hang in the balance and our own head coach can't recognize that the way the game had unfolded in the end of that game we live and die with Joe Burrow there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor Changed the Culture of Cincinnati Football - NUGDUKWE - 12-19-2021, 09:14 AM