Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird things to ponder about the design of the offense...
(12-18-2021, 06:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If you don't see him taking a lot of unnecessary hits on third and middling, fine.  You must not be watching closely.  Yes, they are still being successful downfield, but too many times it results in a hit after a throw or a sack.  To IMPROVE AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS NEEDS ADDRESSED.  Sorry if you see that as an indictment on the coaching staff.  I have been one of ZTs biggest supporters on here this year.  It doesn't mean he can't improve.  

You seem to live in such an overreacting manner.  

Let me put it this was.

I am not an engineer, but if I see a new bridge collapse I know something went wrong.  That is kind of the way I am with football at the NFL level.  I just have to make a lot of judgments about our offense based on results and what I see with my own eyes.

What I see this year is a passing game that is greatly improved over last year.  Last year our QB was either dinking and dunking short passes or scrambling to avoid a rush.  This year I see a lot more downfield connections and it sure seems like Burrow has more time to throw those passes.  Last year we were 29th in yards per completion.  This year we are 3rd.

Last year we were dead last in the league (32nd) in converting 3rd and long (6+ yds).  This year we are 7th.

Last year we were 25th in passer rating and 27th in passing yards.  This year we are 7th in pass efficiency (despite Burrow leading the league in interceptions) and 11th in pass yards.

So if you want to argue that we accomplished these improvements with improvement from the O-line then I say the O-line does not even matter. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weird things to ponder about the design of the offense... - fredtoast - 12-19-2021, 01:06 PM