Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC North Remaining Schedules
(12-20-2021, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I posted last week Huntley is playing better than Lamar right now. I really hope Lamar is back for our game, as he is still not 100%. Huntley is near as fast and has a better arm IMO. I don't see this kid sitting on the bench very long. He's going to be a starter for someone very soon.

No, not really. I have had to explain this to a couple people the last week or so. Sometimes when you have a guy coming off the bench who has little to no tape it is very hard for teams to scheme for because they do not know a lot about them yet. Every team in the league has a file on each starting QB. In that file they talk about tendencies, tells, and weaknesses. You will often hear analysts talk about the sophomore QB slump, the reason that is a thing is teams get an offseason to break down the rookie QB's and really decide how they plan to attack them going forward.

Is he a really good back up in that system? Yep. Is he a future starter teams are drooling over? No, not at this point. Heck, on the final 2 point conversion on the "sprint right" he pre determined the throw from jump and missed a wide open Hollywood Brown running free across the back of the endzone. It was an admirable performance for sure, but I think people are really understating Mark Andrews role in that game yesterday. The Packers had no answer for him as he accounted for 136 of Huntley's 212 yards.

Give me Huntley next week, all day.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
AFC North Remaining Schedules - SHRacerX - 12-20-2021, 08:43 AM
RE: AFC North Remaining Schedules - Sled21 - 12-20-2021, 09:33 AM
RE: AFC North Remaining Schedules - Au165 - 12-20-2021, 10:21 AM
RE: AFC North Remaining Schedules - CJD - 12-20-2021, 11:36 AM
RE: AFC North Remaining Schedules - CJD - 12-20-2021, 10:17 AM
RE: AFC North Remaining Schedules - Sled21 - 12-20-2021, 11:56 AM
RE: AFC North Remaining Schedules - Sled21 - 12-20-2021, 03:16 PM