Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals should change the strategy covering tight ends going forward..
(12-23-2021, 08:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trey Flowers is a much better matchup with TE's, he is way bigger and better in coverage than Bell who is a run stopper
and an enforcer who loves to punch the ball out. I know Kittle destroyed us but that was more cause of his great hard
catches he kept making and Jimmy G is a wizard in the middle of the field. Flowers handled Andrews well the last time
we played him. Sometimes the QB and TE are just too good no matter how you play them like was the case with Kittle.

Kelce will give us trouble, he gives everybody trouble. Kittle also had more yards in the game before he played us.

Some dudes are just beasts of TE's, which is why I want to add one in the Draft next year if possible.

Easier said than done to spot those guys though. Did anyone think Kittle or Kelce become what they are now? Fant and Hockenson were highly touted (Kittle maybe played a role in that?), but they're not game changers... Yet anyway. Gresham looked the part, but along comes Gronk. Pitts was billed as the GOAT, and he might still be. I was thrilled when they drafted Eifert...

Tight end is so tough to call.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals should change the strategy covering tight ends going forward.. - jason - 12-23-2021, 09:15 PM