Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
JoeyB -Fortunately, not a lot to do in Cincinnati...
(12-24-2021, 08:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tbf, he’s in front of the press and they asked a question. He did his best to answer. Doesn’t really matter and doubt anything would have came from the comments had a writer not used click-bait content. Also, he said not a lot, he didn’t say there was nothing to do. I doubt he weakened our FA over the comment or even upset business owners. As for fans, I haven’t read or witnessed anyone pissed about what he said, only a few questioning it.

If it did weaken our FA, then it’s an acceptable trade off. I doubt the team or the organization want players coming here because of the nightlife. 

Burrow himself actually strengthens our ability to sign top FA’s. Reader said as much wrt why he chose us over Denver. And plenty of other players are going to want to come here and play with one of the best young QB’s in the game as well. Worrying about this comment hurting us in FA is beyond silly.

And like you said, we’d rather have players that want to focus on winning football games during the season anyway. They can go party and enjoy the nightlife in Miami or wherever during the spring.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: JoeyB -Fortunately, not a lot to do in Cincinnati... - Nicomo Cosca - 12-24-2021, 09:02 AM