Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals should change the strategy covering tight ends going forward..
(12-23-2021, 08:33 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The one real true weakness we have is covering the tight ends, we all know that so I won't continue to beat a dead horse..I am simply talking solutions moving forward and just thinking to myself I think I came away with something worth a try..

Since we've been depleted at the linebacker position lately I think we should move von bell to linebacker position and let trae waynes play some safety;his job would simply be press coverage one on one with the mark andrews and Travis kelces of the world..

We would still be able to mix it up and give different looks but on money downs I would match him one on one with the tight end..

I get this, as it seems the other team's biggest threat is rarely taken away by this defense.  Adams went off.  Kittle went off.  

Tony Pike was mentioning this about Anarumo during this week's shows.  If Belicheck is the best coach of all time, why not copy his "take away their best threat" attack?  

Well, here is my rationale for doing what they are doing:  They may not have the personnel to shut down a guy like Andrews (although he only had 3 grabs for 48 yards the first time they played...I do remember some drops, too) and risk creating an opening elsewhere.  

The defense has not been the reason they lost with the exception of one, maybe two games:  The Jets and Browns.  I already mentioned that they had three consecutive road games leading up to that Jets game, and the Colts had a similar collapse against the Ravens  (up 12 in the fourth quarter to lose) on their third road game.

The easiest way for the Bengals to lose is to turn the ball over.  They have ONE loss where they turned the ball over fewer that two times.  Basically, if they can avoid turnovers, they likley win.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals should change the strategy covering tight ends going forward.. - SHRacerX - 12-24-2021, 11:46 AM