Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memories of a Christmas Eve Game
We were in the upper deck near the north end zone. Still spectacular, even from that distance.

The thread title reminded me of the Christmas Eve game in 1995 versus Minny. It was sparsely attended and cold that day. A buddy at work had been given tickets by a family friend and invited me along. It was my second time sitting in the yellow seats at Riverfront, and I remember the lines for the concessions were so short, and being used to the long lines on the red level, I marveled at the luxury of it all.

We trailed for most of the game, but at one point Bake threw one of his patented rainbow passes to Pickens for a TD. It was tied late, and Minny had a chance for a go-ahead FG, but their kicker slipped on the icy end of the field and fell on his ass and the ball sailed wide. We got the ball with under 2:00 left and drove into FG range. Pelfrey came out and hit a walk-off 50+ yarder at the gun.

It was a meaningless finale, on a cold day and in front of a small crowd during the lost decade, but damn, it was exciting.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Memories of a Christmas Eve Game - pally - 12-24-2021, 01:04 PM
RE: Memories of a Christmas Eve Game - Awful Llama - 12-24-2021, 01:47 PM