Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys
(12-27-2021, 05:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhhh... that's like $6m/yr.

I don't think 6 games at the end of a contract year have wiped out the previous 5.5 years to the point where I would be comfortable giving Apple $6m/yr, even if you could get out after 1 year.

Plus you already have Awuzie and Hilton under contract. Even if you cut Waynes (they should and probably will), if you take a CB on day 2, do you really need another $6m/yr CB who may or may not be worth it? Just sign another veteran on a cheap 1 year deal to be depth to replace Apple who was on a cheap 1 year deal for depth. 

They're going to need cap space for other guys, too. Uzomah, Reiff, Bates, Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Tupou, Huber, Clark Harris, and Spain are all FA. They're going to need to re-sign or replace all those guys, and that's before you can even get to making improvements.

Apple has shown that he can both function and possibly flourish in Anarumo's defense.  If you have a player that fits, it's seems most logical to keep him around.  FWIW, $6M/per for an experienced CB that fits the system seems like quite the bargain to have around while a younger draftee develops.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - bfine32 - 12-26-2021, 11:35 PM
RE: Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - SunsetBengal - 12-27-2021, 07:36 PM
RE: Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - M.W. - 12-27-2021, 10:06 PM