Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys
(12-27-2021, 05:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea…like I said I’d pay it. I have been happy with his play and I’d do a deal that keeps continuity while limiting exposure.

Same here. Continuity is underrated.

(12-27-2021, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Apple has shown that he can both function and possibly flourish in Anarumo's defense.  If you have a player that fits, it's seems most logical to keep him around.  FWIW, $6M/per for an experienced CB that fits the system seems like quite the bargain to have around while a younger draftee develops.

Yep, Apple fits and has just gotten better in Lou's D as the year has went on. I say give him a #2 CB contract and draft a
Corner like Sauce Gardner early and stay as deep as possible here.

(12-27-2021, 07:37 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Dude is a great blocker.

Yes Stanley Morgan is. He has quietly become an essential player for us.

(12-27-2021, 07:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not for the first 9 games of the season. He was beyond terrible. It really seems like a lot of people are ignoring the first 53% of the season because of recency bias of a smaller sample size.

For all I know maybe he has magically turned a corner and something clicked. I am just saying go back and rewatch the first 9 games of the season before you offer any contracts because it seems like a good number of people are forgetting what the majority of the season looked like for Apple.

This topic just feels like 2017 when the Marvin Bengals went 5-9, but then won the final two against the Lions and Ravens to finish 7-9, and that was deemed enough late positive progress to bring him back in 2018 despite the team needing blown up for a rebuild.

God don't care who you were son, only who you are...

It is a game of what have you done for me lately. Lately Apple has been damn good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - bfine32 - 12-26-2021, 11:35 PM
RE: Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - M.W. - 12-27-2021, 10:06 PM
RE: Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-27-2021, 08:41 PM