Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys
(12-27-2021, 07:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not for the first 9 games of the season. He was beyond terrible. It really seems like a lot of people are ignoring the first 53% of the season because of recency bias of a smaller sample size.

For all I know maybe he has magically turned a corner and something clicked. I am just saying go back and rewatch the first 9 games of the season before you offer any contracts because it seems like a good number of people are forgetting what the majority of the season looked like for Apple.

This topic just feels like 2017 when the Marvin Bengals went 5-9, but then won the final two against the Lions and Ravens to finish 7-9, and that was deemed enough late positive progress to bring him back in 2018 despite the team needing blown up for a rebuild.

Fair enough, you have your doubts as to weather Apple can back up his recent stint of success with a full season of solid play.  I get it.

As to your second paragraph;  I wouldn't say that he's "magically turned any corners", as much as he's now fully buying into what the coaches are teaching.  Yeah, I realize that our coaches don't appear to be the engineers of world beaters at a glance, but now that they have players that they have chosen to fit what they want to present on the field, things do appear to be looking up.

As for the last paragraph, the Marvin reference seems a bit unrelated and out of tune with the spirit of what we're discussing.  This team has been rebuilt, and now they are showing what they are capable of.  This team, just like any team, has added a slew of new faces in the past two years, and it takes time for them to all gel together as a team.  Marvin was pretty much the polar opposite to what we have witnessed develop here lately.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - bfine32 - 12-26-2021, 11:35 PM
RE: Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - SunsetBengal - 12-27-2021, 08:49 PM
RE: Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys - M.W. - 12-27-2021, 10:06 PM