Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Americans thought of Jewish refugees on the eve of World War II
(11-18-2015, 12:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the Syrian refugee problem: Why should anybody take in a male that is capable of fighting?

It may sound insensitive but it's their country; if they are able shouldn't they stay and fight on the side they favor. How many fighting age males fled our country during the Civil War?

I'm sure a few went to Canada or Mexico so they wouldn't have to fight in the Civil War. But travel was not such as easy thing back then. Most people never went more than five miles from their homes during their entire life. Our population was primarily rural: small private farms. The population in Syria is a little different. The bulk of their population lives (lived) in dense cities. Those cities are in ruins now.

As far as the men, one side of me agrees with you. But then, you and me are fighters. ANd like GMdino pointed out, not all people are fighters. I watch these movies on TV all the time where the bad guys (or sometimes the anti-hero) capture someone, demand they be given information, get the information and then kill the dude. When I see this, I think to myself, "Self. If I were in that situation, I wouldn't tell them d**k because they are gonna kill me anyway. F*** them." Do you know what I mean? In fact, I picture being so dam belligerent that they would be forced to shoot me anyway. Go down fighting.

I used to be more like that. But now, I have my son. I have a reason to want to try and stay alive in order to try and protect him. Changes your view a little bit.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Americans thought of Jewish refugees on the eve of World War II - Bengalzona - 11-18-2015, 10:10 AM