Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlovsky says Burrow is a top 5 QB today
(12-27-2021, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow has certainly moved his way into the top-10, but isn't Orlovsky also known for a lot of bad takes?

I think the whole "no one in the entire league would pass on him right now" is a bit much. Unless he was also talking from a contract standpoint? Because nobody is shoving Patrick Mahomes out for Joe Burrow right now. He's an MVP, SB Champ, All-Pro, and only 1 year older than Burrow. Even if you consider money, Burrow is going to get paid after next year, so you're really only buying yourself 1 cheap year. The Bucs are probably happy with Brady right now too because they are in 100% in SB-or-bust mode and who are you ever going to bet on in the postseason over Brady (now that Eli is retired, lol)? I think the Packers are also in a SB-or-bust mode with Rodgers this year and he might repeat as MVP. Plus I think the Cardinals are very happy with Murray who keeps getting better and the Bills fans would literally riot if they got rid of Allen. McVay seems to have a broner for Stafford.

I will admit I had Burrow ranked decent low coming into this year (I think like 21 or 23?) in a thread about QB Rankings based solely off what he's done in the NFL and not potential. Since then he's certainly shown more in the NFL and he's in the 6-10 range.

Could end the thread with that simple statement right there.

Orlovsky talks out of his ass as much as Cowherd. 

Burrow is good/great and can continue to grow and get better. But you aren't taking him over a guy who has already shown you that at the same age, he can perform in the most clutch situation and win a damn Super Bowl. Burrow has to hoist a trophy before you make this comparison.

I get the feeling Burrow will be like Manning (the good one) and he'll do great things and probably bring a Championship to Cincinnati. Unfortunately like Manning, there will be this constant bump in the road named Mahomes (Brady) that keeps him from winning as many as he could.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Orlovsky says Burrow is a top 5 QB today - Murdock2420 - 12-28-2021, 04:10 PM