Boomer - 97 yards, 4 picks, 25.4 rating
Kenny - 39 yards, 2 picks, 2.8 rating
Kenny - 4 completions, 4 picks, 3.9 rating
Blake - 95 yards, 1 pick, 31.4 rating
Palmer - 0 yards on 11 attempts, 1.7 rating
Palmer - 116 yards, 3 picks, 17.3 rating
Dalton - "Mr 2.0"
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst passing days in Bengals history
(12-28-2021, 11:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe you're right. Just always struck me as odd that we'd even play our starters if we weren't trying to win. Why risk injury just to play "vanilla offense" and not even try to win? The Jets were clearly not going to lay down.

That was either an awful day for our guys, or a horrible decision by Marv. Depending on whether you believe that we were giving half effort.

Here’s an article from before the game stating we were going to rest starters, just didn’t know how much. I don’t see much point in playing them at all like you said but that’s what happened.

I always thought it was for appearances-not that it helps much with that anyway. NFL doesn’t like teams packing it in against potential playoff teams still fighting for a playoff spot. Can’t blame them, but can’t blame teams for not wanting to do much in a meaningless game before the playoffs either. Maybe Marv thought throwing our starters out there early and waiting until the Jets had a lead before pulling them would give him and the franchise a little cover. Never know what goes on behind closed doors between the league and teams on this kind of stuff.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/29/lewis-could-adjust-plan-based-on-early-games/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst passing days in Bengals history - leonardfan40 - 12-28-2021, 11:33 PM