Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stopping the Kansas City Offense
(12-28-2021, 11:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Using the Super Bowl as our blueprint would be nice if they were missing three starters on their offensive line. We may get some pressure but you can’t expect to generate that kind of pressure. What can you do? Well early in the season teams were playing two high safeties or bracketing Kelce and Hill on 3rd down and trying to force Mahomes to take check downs or make mistakes. Since a bout 5 weeks ago they have figured out how to attack that so that’s probably out the window, so then what do we do?

You cheat. It’s not me being funny I am being 100% serious in that you play press man with two high and you hold like a mother at the line. You use the Legion of Book theory that they won’t call it every time and you essentially frustrate them into either bad  throws,a hold assisted turnovers, or you get them into the red zone where you have a chance of holding them to 3. The other thing I do is I don’t match personnel, I play Nickel or lighter personnel and I bait Reid into running. We are thin at linebacker anyways so I play to that and hope I can convince them to run and go for a lower scoring run heavy game where we can steal a possession late.

I agree to a point. But we cannot make terrible mistakes, have to be good at it if we are interfering. Who are the refs BTW?

We need to hit Mahomes, hit Kelce, bump him, chip him and cover him like glue with multiple players while keeping Hill from beating
us deep with his speed as he is an outright freak. Pringle might have a big day or Hardman take away their best players in Kelce and 
Hill. I know it is easier said than done. 

In the end you are correct as usual Au165, need to frustrate the hell out of the Chiefs Offense. Their OL is better than that of the 
Superbowl by far as you note, but we also are a very good DL this season. Keep this game as low scoring as possible and we can 
win it. If not, we probably lose playing catch up late as has happened when we let teams score more than 25.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stopping the Kansas City Offense - CJD - 12-28-2021, 10:43 PM
RE: Stopping the Kansas City Offense - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-29-2021, 12:06 AM