Boomer - 97 yards, 4 picks, 25.4 rating
Kenny - 39 yards, 2 picks, 2.8 rating
Kenny - 4 completions, 4 picks, 3.9 rating
Blake - 95 yards, 1 pick, 31.4 rating
Palmer - 0 yards on 11 attempts, 1.7 rating
Palmer - 116 yards, 3 picks, 17.3 rating
Dalton - "Mr 2.0"
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst passing days in Bengals history
(12-29-2021, 09:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: No big deal and enjoy it as well. Just seems the slow times on the board in off season or during bad seasons that are already over by this juncture  of the season is perfect time for these threads. 

Plus being a season ticket holder for 30 years and a fan since 68,  have way too many of these bad games etched into my brain already.

But no big deal and I really don't care. Was working another 13 hour day and it was crazy for the first 12 but found some time to get on here before clocking out. Was already wound up and guess I was expecting way different talk with the ramifications the next two games the Bengals face will have on their playoffs chances. Maybe just excited to take my brain in a more positive direction after dealing with all this nonsense at work.  Will not get an off day until next Tuesday so expect some more curt answers, if not long winded answers lol.  

Anyway as Mick once said "you can't always get what you want".

Plus without all the details on the games or rewatching them its impossible to really give the best answer on stats alone. Were the INT's the QB's fault, the WR's fault, was it 3rd and long and you just throw it up there knowing if the WR gets it your golden , but if not its as good as a punt, tipped passes, passes under extreme pressure, wind, rain, snow, how good the defense and CB's were, and so on. Now I was at every single home game you listed and can not recall exactly what the heck happened in most of these games as far as grading who was the worst, they were all horrible. 
Obviously by the stats alone Carson was probably hurt in the one game listed per the amount of passes thrown and not sure that one should even be listed if he was injured and removed. But have not the time to research and just speculating on Carson here. 

Plus you said that Stabler had a worse game than Kenny that day. So one QB we all agree should be in HOF had his worse game ever at the exact same time and on the same field as a inducted Hall of Fame QB did ? Seems to bring into question the weather or something, but who knows maybe they both did just suck this particular day or Biletnikoff just forgot his gallon of stick-um that day. 

Just hope Burrow the record setter does not take this as a personal challenge to top lol. 

I'm mostly just wanting to look at who had the most impressive and worst days regardless of circumstance. Once you go down that rabbit hole, there's just way to many subjective things that would make it nigh impossible to choose. Not to mention it'd probably take me weeks to do the research on all the factors surrounding each game and post them all here.

Agree that these threads would've been better for the offseason, but with Burrow just throwing for 525, I thought it might be a good time to talk about other great passing games (and bad ones as well).

Btw, you've been a fan since 68, yet you're still putting in 13 hour days? Props to you bud.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst passing days in Bengals history - Shake n Blake - 12-29-2021, 10:43 PM