Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But... What if we beat KC next week?
(12-29-2021, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: According to the pundits, winning games they shouldn't then losing games they should is just a sign of a team being young and learning to play together. This is, in fact, a very young team. They should have zero problem being up for this game though, with KC being one of the top teams and the Division title within grasp. 

No doubt, and that is just a part of what I love about it.

Looking back before the season, the most optimistic of us said that if they got off to a good start, the youthful team could start believing in itself (check).

We believed that if Burrow could get back to 100%, the team could start averaging close to 30 points per game (check).

We said that they might be able to steal a win or two against there division foes and, if they were really lucky, split with their division (check, plus, plus, plus, plus).

Then, adversity hits....

After three consecutive road games, the defense has a let down up 11 points in the fourth quarter to the Jets.  Horrible loss.  The hangover from the three road games continues and they lose a bad game to the Browns.  Six and four at the bye with a lot of questions.  Was it just a mirage?  Can this team handle the adversity?

Yes, apparently they can.  Four and two since the bye, first place in the AFC North.  

Just to make sure they were tested again, a rash of turnovers and two consecutive home losses put them back in the picture of doubt again.  Still, they answer.  A road win against Denver and an epic beat down of a depleted, but desperate Ravens team.

Now, the biggest test of the year.  Win and you win the AFC North.  The #1 seed KC Chiefs.  Like you said, there is no doubt they will be up for this game.  And I am sure ZT will be pulling out all stops for this one. 

If they can play a clean game with no turnovers, I think they pull the upset.  

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: But... What if we beat KC next week? - SHRacerX - 12-30-2021, 09:18 AM