Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Pay Everybody Within The Cap?
(12-30-2021, 12:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been debating XSF (saves $3 mill) vs Hopkins (saves $6 mill).
I think I lean toward releasing XSF if just one, as Hopkins can play all the IOL positions.
I'd actually consider keeping Hopkins even if the Bengals brought in a new, better C, as the Bengals could either put Hopkins at OG or keep him as the first IOL off the bench to help better cover any injury.

Bengals can free up $20 mill in cap though if they move on from all of XSF, Hopkins, and Waynes. That could allow for signing a stud or two via outside FA to really take this team to the next level.

I think how we finish the year will impact FA decisions.  There are so many teams with 7-9 wins right now. If we lose to KC and at Cleveland (not unthinkable), we could be in position to draft a real stud.  Linderbaum. An OT/DL/LB/Edge  prospect who slips a bit if QBs/WRs get picked earlier (Cross, Ekwonu at OT, Leal at DT, Lloyd or Dean at LB, Karlaftis or Ojabo on the edge. 

If we pick later and all those dudes are off the board, we still have a shot at some CBs (Garnldner, Booth, McCreary), the best OG in the draft (Green), or perhaps a S if it really late (Hill, Brisker).  

OL would be my #1 priority in FA.  Get a STUD. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We Pay Everybody Within The Cap? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 12-30-2021, 05:25 PM