Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Avoid College Players Who Don't Play In Bowl Games
(01-02-2022, 12:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Everyone else has posted my exact thoughts, but I heavily disagree with this. It isn't a character issue, it is a financial decision. Matt Corral is an example of what can happen. If they are playing for a national title, then sure. If they are playing in just a regular bowl? I don't care, sit out. 

It appears Corral's injury is minor and I doubt he hurt his draft stock with his decision. There's a very good chance he improved it:
https://thespun.com/sec/mississippi/x-ray-results-are-in-for-ole-miss-qb-matt-corral

Quote:According to David Ubben of The Athletic, Kiffin revealed that Corral’s X-ray came back negative. The quarterback is scheduled to undergo further evaluation and testing, but seems to have passed the first major barrier....

Corral’s presence was a remarkable sight to see, especially in a year where many key players opted out of bowl games. After the end of the regular season, the Ole Miss quarterback explained why he wanted to suit up and play for his team one last time in the Sugar Bowl.

“I mean, it was just my teammates … I never questioned it … If I was them [Ole Miss teammates], in their shoes and they had a quarterback in the same position … I just couldn’t live with what they would think of me,” Corral said prior to Saturday’s game. “Like just leaving and just being like ‘alright that was the last game’ and nobody knowing that was the last game.”

Just ask yourself WWBD...What Would Brady Do
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Avoid College Players Who Don't Play In Bowl Games - bfine32 - 01-02-2022, 01:50 PM