Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Live look at Zac Taylor when he decided to go for it on 4th down…
(01-02-2022, 10:33 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think people myself included complain about Taylor's situational football decisions. Like the end of the 49ers game. Heck even the end of the game today was wonky but it worked out. 

We all know the talent we have on offense so when things aren't working I think its natural to question the play calling. But as others have pointed out there's the execution factor and the impossibility of knowing the outcome of a different call.

Absolutely, I understand. That post sounds harsher than I really meant it, I don’t know enough to really critique a call, either. I still get frustrated from time to time. Generally, the biggest thing is execution in my opinion. Playcalling and game planning is very complex. I have access to some really cool material, including old NFL and NCAA playbooks. They are really interesting to look through and shed some light on how these offenses operate.

At the end of the day, a coach can call a perfect game but Johns and Joes play the game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live look at Zac Taylor when he decided to go for it on 4th down… - KillerGoose - 01-02-2022, 10:43 PM