Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Live look at Zac Taylor when he decided to go for it on 4th down…
(01-03-2022, 06:24 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If I were coaching the Chiefs, then I would have let the Bengals score the TD when the ball was in the Red Zone. This would have allowed the Chiefs enough time to score a TD themselves.

Reid mentioned they were contemplating pulling Burrow into the endzone. That tactic is fairly new, maybe they didn't think we'd do what we did to end the game.

They didn't do it though, and if Zac/Mixon/Burrow planned to not score is also not clear.

Keeping Mahomes on the bench for 6 minutes is not "genius", it's what everyone would expect needs to happen, they executed.

We won a good game there, playoff-like, but if we were actually trying to score, it's a microcosm of how poor our short run game looks (and probably is). We can't convert a 3rd and short with a run and teams like the Browns run 3rd and 10 and convert.

The hand we're dealt is Mixon can't form his own holes or has trouble because how our line seems to play inconsistently when running the ball. Electing to pass on most 3rd downs will bite us in the playoffs who is composed of teams that are vying for a superbowl.

But yeah, I'm surprised Reid didn't pull him in, but he was probably thinking they had to score a TD just to go to OT, lol. I could have seen the chiefs trying to go for 2 and failing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live look at Zac Taylor when he decided to go for it on 4th down… - reuben.ahmed - 01-03-2022, 06:28 AM