Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase mentions a halftime adjustment
(01-03-2022, 02:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/03/mmqb-week-17-bengals-titans-clinch-divsisions-daily-cover

So, the Bengals noticed that the safeties weren't getting wide enough on their cover 2 looks during half time and they....adjusted...during halftime.

This is why I like Zac Taylor. While I have been critical of his play calling this year, he has definitely improved, especially in these last two games and if something isn't working, he changes it. He makes the mythical (according to Marvin Lewis) adjustments at half time.

I think the reason a lot of us have had such a distain for Taylor is we wanted and expected someone as good or better than Marvin Lewis right when they came in. We did not want a decline in performance. We've had to suffer through a terrible two years as a fresh HC (and frankly inexperienced play caller) learned "on the job."

Now, we're seeing signs of improvement and hopefully a trajectory that will surpass his predecessor.

Think of like going from a mid-level solid contributor at work to bringing in a junior-level resource as a replacement.
They're likely going to do worse for at least a couple years, but the reason for hiring the individual is because the leadership saw something in that person that they didn't see in the former person.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chase mentions a halftime adjustment - CJD - 01-03-2022, 02:28 PM
RE: Chase mentions a halftime adjustment - ochocincos - 01-03-2022, 03:13 PM