Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Avoid College Players Who Don't Play In Bowl Games
(01-02-2022, 02:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's great, I'm glad to hear it. The overall point is a career altering injury could happen. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu in 2014 is an example of this which immediately comes to mind as an Oregon fan. First round graded corner, non-contact injury practicing for the Rose Bowl and he dropped to the 7th round, out of the NFL in two years. Now, his practice was for the CFP, so it is a different scenario but the overall point is that a career altering injury could happen and I personally don't care if a player sits out for a bowl other than the CFP. 

Either way, it is just an interesting discussion - I don't think there is a right or wrong, necessarily. 

I don't have much of an opinion on this either way either. They're kids, and I don't spend too much time worrying about their thought process or financial situation... But is holding the shining trophy after the CFP less meaningless than winning the Rose Bowl?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Avoid College Players Who Don't Play In Bowl Games - jason - 01-03-2022, 04:55 PM