Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff and Spain injury updates
(01-03-2022, 07:00 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I get resting guys, but really don’t want to have New England or Buffalo coming in here while also simultaneously sitting guys possibly letting them get rusty and out of sync. Much rather Ind/LV/LA coking in after a 4 game win streak. I get either way but man; I’ve seen us rest starters 09/05 neither one worked

A couple things: 

1) Rest vs Rust  

We won 2 straight in blowout fashion after the bye week. At Raiders 32-13 and Pitt 41-10.  

Buffalo & NE are playing for the division title.  They cannot really rest anyone. Charges & Raiders have a play in game there, no rest for either. The Colts have the Jags, but a loss and they miss the POs.  

My point is, we have a chance to have a scenario where we are rested and our WC won't be. I think that is a huge edge, especially at home. 

2) The cost of Rest. 

If we lose to Cleveland, we likely slip to #4 (both Buff & NE will not lose). The only way the loss really would affect us is if: 

1) We end up playing the #3 seed in the AFC title game (Buff/NE), which we would have hosted if we'd have won and been #3. 

2) Either one or both of Tenn (at Houston) KC (at Denver) lose, and we could have moved up a spot ot two with a win. 

3) Saturday Sneak Peek

The Chiefs play Saturday, so we will know about if #1 is possible or not. If not  then we should rest or mostly rest guys. If they lose, then only banged up guys should rest, gotta go for it. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reiff and Spain injury updates - pally - 01-03-2022, 06:48 PM
RE: Reiff and Spain injury updates - pally - 01-03-2022, 07:03 PM
RE: Reiff and Spain injury updates - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-03-2022, 07:20 PM