MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Anonymous AFC Personnel Director is not impressed with Burrow
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anonymous AFC Personnel Director is not impressed with Burrow
https://www.nfl.com/news/the-first-read-week-18-how-antonio-brown-s-meltdown-has-sealed-bucs-fate-joe-bur

Quote:SCOUT'S READ
One question answered by an unnamed front office source.

Is Joe Burrow one of the top five quarterbacks in the NFL?
AFC PERSONNEL DIRECTOR: "He's a good player, but he's not special by any stretch yet. He makes smart decisions and has that subtle pocket mobility to stay alive in a conflict pocket and make accurate throws. I definitely think he hides their offensive line's weaknesses. Their scheme is really quarterback-friendly and he thrives in it, but it's clear that he's a notch below that first tier at the position. He's not in the same class as (Patrick) Mahomes, (Tom) Brady or (Aaron) Rodgers. People also are exaggerating his learning curve. He was older coming into the league than some of the other young quarterbacks. He's two years older than (the Chargers') Justin Herbert. He's actually the same age as (Buffalo's) Josh Allen (25) and he's played two less seasons. I get the hype around him because he's made Cincinnati into a playoff team. But I think a lot of people look at how good he is in Year 2 and then extrapolate that out to the point that he's going to be a Hall of Famer. I think he's already closer to his ceiling than people realize. What sets him apart is that he's got that dog in him. So he'll keep finding ways to improve."

Normally, when you give a take this ice cold, you're only doing it for the rage clicks, but this personnel director did it while remaining unnamed so what is his reason for being such a dumbass in this quote?

Can someone tweet this article to Joe? I'm sure he'd love to hear about how he's not special by any stretch.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Anonymous AFC Personnel Director is not impressed with Burrow - CJD - 01-04-2022, 03:15 AM