Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How in the HELL did the Bengals get blown out by Cleveland?
(01-04-2022, 11:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Mayfield is probably categorized, at best, as a game manager QB.
He's never thrown for 4000 yards, nor 30 TDs.
He absolutely needs to be in a running-oriented offense that also has a strong defense.

Mayfield's 5th-year option was picked up, so he's likely a Brown for one more year, but it's leaning toward him not being there after that.
He's been handed a slew of offensive weapons (Chubb, Landry, OBJ, Hooper, Njoku) and a great OL (Wills-Bitonio-Tretter-Teller-Conklin), so there should be no issues with moving down the field and also not turning the ball over.

I don't think he could even be categorized as a game manager. I normally think of those guys as high completion %, low INT guys who generally lack the ability that would allow a team's offense to be shouldered by them, but have developed a method to still put their teams in favorable situations by limiting mistakes and losses. (Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Teddy Bridgewater, all being varying levels of that in my mind.) I don't think it's really an insult as a team can really win games with them still. I think Mayfield just isn't really that good.

Picking up the 5th year option doesn't mean much. Right now it's guaranteed for injury only. So I think unless Baker is willing to sit out 2022 by claiming his injury prevented him from being able to play, the Browns can get out of it if they want. It only becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster at the start of the 2022 league season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How in the HELL did the Bengals get blown out by Cleveland? - TheLeonardLeap - 01-04-2022, 11:53 AM