Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought this had to be a joke, but sadly no. We have an idiot in charge.
To me it's less about ragging on the president and more about that being such a feather in the cap of some people.  It's always been around, but the amount of legitimizing it's being given is what makes it look like one of our two major parties (and the that has the easier path to power) has become so specifically geared towards the f*** the other side manta.

Songs, writings, speeches, jokes about the president being a dolt are nothing new.  John Denver and the Smothers Brothers would take shots at Nixon, so how badass could that be?  The part that amuses me is how telling the president to fudge himself can make you a national hero these days.  This has been really amped up in the Trump-era as I see it.  People can be jerks, I can be a jerk, but it's the idea that being a jerk is an accomplishment that hits my cynical bone.  

As I said, if I tell Ben Roethlisberger to go to hell would the Bengals give me a job in the front office?  Lordy, what we've become.

But it also drives home how effective "screw the other side" is as not a rallying cry, but a lynchpin policy of a major political party.  I was watching an interview where a non-Trump republican politician was saying that one of his go-to talking points over the years was "Our policies are so good, they even help the people who don't vote for us" and that in the current era he had to take that point out because it was now getting boos instead of cheers as it had before.

Maybe I'm going overboard drawing this call/situation into all this, but to me it's just a symptom of our dumbed-down political system.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought this had to be a joke, but sadly no. We have an idiot in charge. - Nately120 - 01-04-2022, 12:32 PM