Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halftime Defensive Adjustments
(01-04-2022, 12:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Guys, it's right on the team's website....lol.

From Trey Hendrickson:

"We have a lot of faith in Joe (Burrow) and knew we needed to get him the ball back. All of the coaches implemented some great adjustments up front. We had to stop the run and pressure the quarterback. Making those halftime adjustments are what it is to be a professional, and I think we did it well."

Now, yes, it's not like you install a new defense, or make radical changes, but during the half (used to be whiteboard and pictures if you were lucky), you get a chance with your position coaches to look at some tape, and show the players what they need to do differently, and what the opponent is doing to you. Players adjust accordingly. Coaches may add a simple wrinkle, and change small things. The position coaches have received instruction from the coordinator during the game on things they need to be looking at. Sometimes you have time to do some of these adjustments in the sidelines, sometimes you have to wait until the half, and sometimes the adjustments are figured out right before the half, so you go in and implement them.

Yeah, I’m not saying HT adjustments are fake. I’m saying they are mostly overstated by fans. There generally isn’t going to be drastic changes and they aren’t always going to happen. I wasn’t specifically speaking about this game, I was speaking about the concept in general.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Halftime Defensive Adjustments - KillerGoose - 01-04-2022, 01:16 PM