Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But... What if we beat KC next week?
Not sure if it’s cool to resurrect this thread, but I have to get something off my chest. I was at the game and seated in the end zone for the final play.

Mostly Bengals fans but a few Chiefs fans (maybe 5 or 6) in the rows behind and in front of us. At teh time, I was pretty PO’d when Zak kept going for the TD instead of the final FG. Now, I see the logic, and it turned out great. But, at the time I kept thinking “this surpasses even Marvin’s time management gaffs through the years”. When the Chiefs defender was called for hands to the face, everyone around me, including the Chiefs fans, saw it clearly. The defender stuck his hand all the way underneath our WRs face mask. We all saw it clearly. But, in replays I saw later on TV, the camera was away from the face mask grab. If the view from the camera they use to film FGs, it would have been obvious.

Further, throughout the contest, there was quite a bit of shoving and hand checking going on, by both sides, whenever the ball was put in the air. Some was called. Most was not.

On the punt returns, particularly by the Chiefs, there was quite a bit of blocking in the back that was never called.

Finally, both teams were trying to get an advantage by OL and DL leaving a shade early before the snap. Most was not called.

My point, and in the ensuing days, reading Chiefs whining, I’m reminded about Hines Ward crying whenever the Steelers got beat. Never….NEVER have I heard as much whining and crying as I’ve heard from the Chiefs and their fans.

Instead of stating….”hey, hard fought game. Tip of the cap to a really good Bengals team.” They cry and whine.

Chiefs got outplayed (just look at the stats), they got out muscled, they got out coached. Shut up ‘ya big cry babies.

And yes. We may see you again, soon. If, you can get past the first round of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: But... What if we beat KC next week? - Graphicguy - 01-04-2022, 03:55 PM