Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anonymous AFC Personnel Director is not impressed with Burrow
(01-04-2022, 10:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: The weird thing is the guy contradicts himself at the very end, he goes from saying he is "closer to his ceiling than people realize" but a sentence later literally says "He has dog in him and will find ways to continue to improve". In reality, the age thing is very true and was a bit of his knock coming out. That said the age thing is also an "old school" evaluation approach that expected QB's to retire around 33/34. Now with longer careers the reality is that a couple years doesn't make a ton of difference.

In terms of the evaluation, he isn't that far off the top 5 right now so he doesn't need to keep improving at the same rate. If you took Burrow right now and took away 5 interceptions without changing anything else he would be playing at an elite level. Learning to cut down on those interceptions isn't an age issue it is a reps issue you learn from playing in the league and that can improve. 

The one comment that makes no real sense to me is that he said the scheme is QB friendly, I don't see it. This isn't the Shannahan wide zone and boot scheme that we see Tannehill/Baker or half the league running. This has actually been a pretty intricate scheme with "multiple check with me's" and a heavy vertical attacking component.  I wish he would have expanded on that part a bit rather than the generic "QB friendly", because for most people anymore it just means "it doesn't suck".

Plus Burrow just turned 25 last month. 

Oh and to the person asking, the Browns QB from Oklahoma St was Brandon Weeden (sp?) He was hot garbage.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anonymous AFC Personnel Director is not impressed with Burrow - pdub2005 - 01-05-2022, 10:19 PM