Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 11 minutes in KC game only possession one by each team
(01-06-2022, 01:26 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Spent 30 seconds trying to figure out what ddibes was.

You just re-watched the game on NFLN and had a few beers with it right? Samesies.

Holding the ball for the last 6 minutes was perfect, although I don’t think it was all planned out that way. The last drive had some slop to it. Good thing the Bengals are good enough to overcome their own slop.

There was a lot of pushback on the 2 decisions to go for it on 4th down. I had 0% problem with it. Two things; people flipped out when they played it safe and kicked the FG in OT against the 49ers only to lose on a walk off TD. Yelling about how Taylor took the ball out of Burrow's hands. I've also seen enough of "settling" and hoping the D holds up, only to watch a walk off TD or FG, in years past. Many, many times. 

Two ThumbsUp from me on trying something different. They trusted in their QB and receivers to go and win the game and it worked. Luck? Good fortune? Sure, but i'll take it. 

It could have easily blown up in their face and they could have lost in a walk off FG. They could have also lost even if they had kicked the FG on 4th down with :50 left. The Chiefs took over with :30 left at the end of the first half and they were a Vonn Bell poke away from giving up a FG or TD at the end of the half. 

Go try and take it. I'll live with how it turns out. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last 11 minutes if KC game only 2'ddibes - rfaulk34 - 01-06-2022, 01:37 AM