Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 11 minutes in KC game only possession one by each team
(01-06-2022, 01:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There was a lot of pushback on the 2 decisions to go for it on 4th down. I had 0% problem with it. Two things; people flipped out when they played it safe and kicked the FG in OT against the 49ers only to lose on a walk off TD. Yelling about how Taylor took the ball out of Burrow's hands. I've also seen enough of "settling" and hoping the D holds up, only to watch a walk off TD or FG, in years past. Many, many times. 

Two ThumbsUp from me on trying something different. They trusted in their QB and receivers to go and win the game and it worked. Luck? Good fortune? Sure, but i'll take it. 

It could have easily blown up in their face and they could have lost in a walk off FG. They could have also lost even if they had kicked the FG on 4th down with :50 left. The Chiefs took over with :30 left at the end of the first half and they were a Vonn Bell poke away from giving up a FG or TD at the end of the half. 

Go try and take it. I'll live with how it turns out. 

Hell I wanted them to go for it on 4th down in the first quarter... When there was the weird sequence when the refs initially gave us a first down, and it was challenged. Of course I nearly deuced myself yelling that Taylor was a moron when they hurried to the line and threw it on 4th and 1... But I digress. Two plays into the next possession the Chiefs were already to where we punted from. I was more than alright with playing keep away from the Chiefs offense.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last 11 minutes if KC game only 2'ddibes - jason - 01-06-2022, 01:57 AM