Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halftime Defensive Adjustments
(01-05-2022, 11:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: He flat out called them "journalistic jargon". That insinuates he didn't believe in them at all, and judging by what we saw a lot of times, he didn't. His oline coach also said you "didn't have time to coach up players during the season", while Pollack apparently still teaches and drills fundamentals all the way through. 

All of that said, it did seem that Marvin and several members of that staff were VERY rigid in gameplan and methodology....as well as practice structure. They didn't seem to adapt very well, and when they got behind in big stage games, they stayed there usually. That's kind of a hallmark of not adjusting to what your opponent is doing to you. 

Anyway, the past is the past, it's just comical how you always defended Marvin, no matter the case, but can't give ol boy wonder any credit for helping right the ship that Marvin and staff caused to eventually list. Reply all you want, I'm finished with the topic. Your opinion is no better than mine, and *current* NFL players that were actually in that locker room (Chase said the same thing about the offensive side) Sunday kinda led me to my opinion. Not retired or fired coaches. 

As for Sean Payton, maybe he should look into them, cause he ain't doing so hot without Brees. Mellow

This whole argument is kind of silly, for one reason. As mErv and numerous other coaches and players have pointed out, there's not enough time during halftime to break out the ole chalk board and start drawing up different things to do for the 2nd half. 

That doesn't mean that there's no such thing as "halftime adjustments". Any decent coach/player will admit that after halftime, they will do some things differently than they did the 1st half. So, adjustments were made after halftime, hence the phrase "halftime adjustments", they just aren't drawn up on the board in the locker room. 

My thoughts are, that's what Marv was talking about when he said "journalistic jargon". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Halftime Defensive Adjustments - rfaulk34 - 01-06-2022, 02:25 AM