Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team?
(01-06-2022, 09:55 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I said it then and I'll say it again, and then hopefully it's the end of it. Wink

Any time you get a chance to take a player that can be directly responsible for you winning games you have to take them because they are game changers. Pure and simple, a WR can do this and one single offensive lineman can't.

Chase will literally change the way defenses have to play the Bengals for years to come, making JB, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon and Uzo's numbers all better.

No brainer. It was a silly conversation then and it's even sillier now.

We're spoiled as Bengals fans. In the last decade we've taken 2 WRs (Green and Higgins) that have put up pretty special numbers right away. That's not to mention guys like Jones, Boyd, and Sanu that contributed good to solid numbers within a year. We maybe forget that it takes time to develop WRs. Chase has been next level though. I'm glad we took him, and made some improvements to the line. We can now go after that unit really hard in the off-season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:33 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:11 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - jason - 01-06-2022, 10:13 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM