Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you guys doing this weekend?
(11-21-2015, 02:22 AM)basballguy Wrote: So i did the front brakes on my gf's town and country about 3 weeks ago.  I was in a hurry so I just used one of my old factory dealer jacks from my old Saturn VUE.

Well silly me forgot to let off the emergency brake....so while I had it jacked up and saw the brake pads were really in there, I went over and released the emergency brake.....and....BAM

van adjusts a little bit and falls on the rotar.  Oh i was so mad.

Fortunately i jacked it back up and this time put the wheel stops on and the emergency jack thingys in place....and drove the car around...no apparent damage.

Yep...smh

LOL....lucky you didn't warp the rotor.  Don't feel bad man....during my pot smoking days , I was doing the brakes on my CRX. I forgot to put the caliper back on one side.  I always pump the pedal while the car is still on jacks in case something isn't right.  Anyway , as I said , one caliper was still resting on the control arm with pads in it.  I pumped the brakes , and before I remembered what had happened , I had blown the piston completely out of the caliper.  Fortunately , I was able to get it back in without damaging the seal.  No more spliffs while wrenching after that one. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you guys doing this weekend? - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-21-2015, 01:17 PM