Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team?
(01-05-2022, 10:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I was rewatching the Chase/Sewell Civil War on youtube today. And let me tell ya, Tony Pike gave a
Incredible breakdown on the reason to draft Chase

So I sat and thought what if Sewell goes to Cincy instead?

I dont think this team wins the North.
But I think it's right in hunt till the end, but falls
Short in its pursuit of a playoff birth.

Penei is a up and coming RT, but defenses dont gameplan
For OTs.
Chase has really made this offense dangerous and he is
Making DCs like Spagnulo look stupid

Chase's performance has arguably been what has won 2-3 of these games.
And who knows what the Bengals would have done with the starting OL if Sewell was drafted while also having Reiff.
Perhaps they put Sewell at RG, or perhaps they put Sewell at RT with Reiff at RG (or one of them as swing OT).

Let's assume that if the Bengals did draft Sewell, they probably would have taken a WR where they took Carman.
And knowing they needed an outside WR, they probably would have taken Terrace Marshall at that spot.

I do think Higgins, Boyd, and Marshall would have put together a good receiving corp and the passing game would have been solid, but I don't think it would have been as good as with Chase. OL protection may have been better though.

So I guess I'll say that if Sewell was the pick instead, this team probably has about 8 wins right now instead of 10.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:33 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:11 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - ochocincos - 01-06-2022, 11:35 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM