Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team?
There was no wrong pick if Chase or Sewell. The deciding factor was they had Jonah Williams they had faith in. PFF ranks him 10th best LT this year and the proven vet Reiff. What would best elevate the team immediately. Linemen struggle early and Sewell did. The Bengals wanted to erase all the bad losing culture ruining this team with a solid start. Mission accomplished. They will find a tackle in the first round this year and likely find a replacement for Reiff. But monetary decisions loom. Ogunjobi Bates Uzomah Apple and Hill are all important. Depends on how many will take the same salary but with longer deals. I don’t think they can keep Bates or Ogunjobi. Unfortunately they struck gold with a few but alas on one year prove it deals. But some guys in FA are going to want to come here. A lot of solid backups I didn’t mention need to be retained. Make no mistake the FO will have their work cut out for them. But it looks like Taylors eye for talent and having zero ego and Duke Tobin allows for an awesome draft of unity and free agent pursuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:33 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:11 AM
If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Soonerpeace - 01-06-2022, 03:14 PM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM