Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team?
(01-06-2022, 01:11 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: One of the problems with team Chase is that they feel his success merits the pick whereas the only thing that merits the pick in my eyes is the fact that Burrow survived the season. NOW that he's off until the playoff game . . . they gambled, but successful pick.

I would say that if Burrow had suffered another injury on one of these 51 sacks and countless hits that it would've flipped the perception of the Chase pick, but tbh I doubt it would.

There's a segment of people who refuse to admit that more sacks/hits correlates to higher risk of injury.

So for me personally, this was the best case scenario in hindsight. Chase turned out better than anyone on here (yes, anyone) dreamed of, and Burrow made it through the beating relatively healthy. (Tony Romo was taking some subtle shots at our FO for not protecting Joe after the KC game btw)

Now that we got the absolute best case scenario after taking Chase, we need to do what some of us wanted to do last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:33 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:11 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Shake n Blake - 01-06-2022, 03:54 PM