Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team?
(01-05-2022, 11:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yes. When Chase was struggling in games 8-14, Higgins was balling. Higgins and Chase is still a plus starting duo, and I'm sure we would've drafted a deep threat somewhere else.

Penei has graded solidly in year 1, and would've made our line better.

All this said, I feel safe saying we made the right choice. Seeing how Burrow didn't get hurt. We were fortunate in that regard, seeing how we gave up 51 sacks.

Since we got away with getting Chase and Burrow made it to the end, we did great. Now go fix the line and let's PLEASE let this thing die. For the love of God.

Agreed.

I think we still make the playoffs with Higgins, Boyd, CJ and Mixon.  Burrow takes less sacks and Mixon has more room to run.  Having said that, I think we made the right choice with Chase IF (and that's a big IF), the front office is able to buy the rest of the pieces in the off-season for the OL and keep Burrow alive.  I'm a little skeptical that Hopkins, Prince, Carman and Adeniji get much better next year.  Reiff is getting old as well.  I wouldn't count on him next year either.

I do think we will be able to have an advantage we haven't had in a long time when it comes to free agency.  Who wouldn't want to play with Burrow and have a shot at a ring?  So, I am hopeful in that regard as long as Burrow survives the playoffs and makes it to next season unhurt.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:33 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - 2MinutesHate - 01-06-2022, 04:04 PM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:11 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM