Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team?
(01-06-2022, 07:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We don;t know where he would have played, over the past 2nd half of season, he has been one of the top tackles in the league from what i have read... plus what would we have picked a WR in 2/3 round and who knows how that would have turned out.  With the talent we had already and an improved line with Sewell that would have helped both running game and pass protection and our improved defense, i believe we would be going into the final week with a chance to make the playoffs.

I argue alot with your post.

We know exactly where Penei Sewell would have played you don't draft an Offensive Tackle #5 Overall and move him to guard. We know Exactly the WRs drafted in the 2nd 3rd and 4th rounds. Outside of slot receiver Amon-RA St. Brown there wasn't a player close to Ja'Marr Chase and not a single boundary receiver.

Kyle Pitts and Penei Sewell would have been excellent picks for the Bengals and could have been huge down the road.... but for the 2021 season the Bengals would not have made the playoffs without the explosive play of Ja'Marr Chase. His insane production for a rookie receiver is one of the best in NFL History.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:33 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:11 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Synric - 01-07-2022, 01:26 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM