Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team?
(01-07-2022, 01:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: FWIW, my take was based on simply swapping Chase and Sewell with everything else playing out the same.  Otherwise, the exercise quickly turns into "If we took Sewell, plus did a complete redraft where we got the best/worst player in each subsequent round..."

I will say that I think people aren't properly valuing Amon-Ra's hypothetical impact on our win total.  When November ended, he only had 353 receiving yards and no TD's.  He went on a tear in December to put up a nice total for a rookie on the season, but his slow start likely dooms any playoff chance we have.  Higgins started slow this year and only had 560 yards and 3 TD's before December.  Chase had 906 TD's and 8TD's in that same span, which is a ton of production to have to replace.  

He also had Jared Goff as his QB and Jared Goff's back-up while playing for the 2nd worst team in the league with an offense that for the forst 5 or 6 weeks focused on Swift, Williams and Hockenson. Look at the first few games, that offense was like the Browns, run the ball and pass the ball to the TE and the RB. 

This isn't a situation where you can look at stats and go, player A does this same thing in this different setting. It is a totally different offense, with a huge upgrade at QB. First three games he had a total of 6 targets, that's horrible. Hockenson had 8 targets in the first game. The eye test shows the St. Brown has the skill to be an elite WR, and once given the opportunity and the targets he produced. Better QB, he gets started sooner I believe, but again there is no way to be certain. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:33 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 12:11 AM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Nepanyrush - 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: If Penei was drafted at 5, is this a playoff team? - Murdock2420 - 01-07-2022, 01:31 AM