Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
One of my biggest pre-season concerns that I had almost forgotten.
(01-06-2022, 10:32 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ossai's injury was Paul Brown reaching down, telling his son "WTF don't you understand about needing O-line?"

Seriously.

Great player.
Fell to them.
Still should have gone o-line.

You sign Hendrickson.
You extend Hubbard.
Ossai is a luxury pick when you are loaded at every position. The Bengals were not even close to being in this situation.

Pass rush wasn't the problem last year. The pass rush improved the instant LeShaun Sims put Cincinnati in his rear view mirror. Cam Sample was also unneeded as was that fat slob Shelvin, who has done absolutely NOTHING in his brief appearances.

Hopefully, Ossai will wind up being a great player, but it would be nice if Cincinnati actually paid attention to their own ***** roster when trying to put one together.

(01-07-2022, 02:04 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The sentence following your highlighted one explains it.

Many of the sacks this year are coverage sacks or QBs trying to scramble(Sample, Hill and sometimes Hubbard and Ogunjobi). That didn't happen very much last year. Outside of Hendrickson, not many sacks are linemen beating OL at the point of attack.

Lawson was among the 2020 league leaders in QB hits, win rate and pressures but had few sacks because someone was almost always open.

2021's Awuzie, Hilton and Apple
or
2020's WJ III, Sims and Alexander

Which one do you think helps a pass rush more?

1.) You need both pressure and coverage to get sacks. It's not a one or the other situation.

2.) We signed Rief in free agency, resigned Spain, and drafted 3 players on the Offensive line in 2022. To say we ignored the Offensive Line is a bit ridiculous.

3.) You need to have a 8-9 man rotation on the defensive line to be good. So adding a guy like Oassi should be a very good thing for the us in the future.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of my biggest pre-season concerns that I had almost forgotten. - J24 - 01-07-2022, 02:55 AM