Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play Second String On Sunday Versus Browns
I don't know if "scared" is the right word to use for potentially facing the Pats.  I think that it's wise to have a healthy respect for what BB has done.  They had what, one single down year before snapping back?  They look like a top team with a rookie QB.  They're a team who always seems to play razor sharp in the playoffs.  He was the Peyton Manning killer for a long time.

Based on hunch/instinct, I'd think that this year's Bengals team matches up pretty well against teams like the Colts and Titans.  Teams like the Bills and Chiefs would probably not matchup as well against those two teams and may rather face the Bengals.  I'd think that the Bills and Chiefs stand a decent shot at knocking the Pats out.  

Some fun observations:
-This week's Colts vs. Jaguars game is a linchpin game for several teams.  If the Colts lose, the winner of Ravens vs. Steelers would squeak in(I'm not sure how to feel about that - yeah they were both blown out but inter-divisional games can be weird).
-IF the Bengals do want to avoid the Pats in the first round, AND the Dolphins manage to win at home, it could be advantageous for the Bengals to lose to the Browns.
-Both the Pats and the Bengals could potentially still win the 1 seed(the odds of the stars aligning for the Bengals are so improbable it doesn't even seem worth it to think about).
-If matchups are a consideration here, the teams that play 1PM games are kind of screwed.  Of course BB will get a peak at the results prior to the Miami game.  The Pats could opt to rest starters if they want to lose for what they perceive to be a more favorable matchup.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Play Second String On Sunday Versus Browns - Bilbo Saggins - 01-07-2022, 05:07 AM